Girls think my baby is cute...

OK, so maybe at almost 13, he's not exactly a baby anymore. But I'm still unprepared for him to be in the "girl likes boy, boy likes girl" phase. And yes, I realize that he'll be in this phase for the rest of his life, but it really just hit me today. My oldest baby boy is growing up.

I had already accepted that Chrissy was growing up (she DRIVES!!), but I didn't even begin to think that it would hit me this soon with Mikhail. I still can feel his fuzzy little baby head when I think about it.

It's amazing how as young parents (not just in age, but the age of our children) we don't even put much thought into our soon to be teenagers, because it's so.far.away. And in reality, it's not, it sneaks up on us much faster than we realize. It's amazing how fast time flies when you have children, compared to when you were a child yourself. Similar to how a pregnancy tends to drag on, and the first few weeks/months of your baby's life are gone in a blink (another issue I'm dealing with at the moment!).


But what brought all this reflection on? Apparently there's a few girls at church that like my boy. They think he's sweet, and cute, and not in the way I think my 8 month old is sweet and cute. I feel a protectiveness coming on for him that wasn't there before. The same one I have with Chrissy. Someone please tell them they're not allowed to keep growing up? Well - he can grow up enough to get out of the attitude-y, know it all, stage he's in right now.


He makes my heart melt sometimes, and I should be the only girl who's heart is melting over him!!

Comments

Brooke said…
Awwwww.... Sniffing over the last sentence...
kimberly said…
he always makes my heart melt but I am his favorite aunt.

Popular Posts