Taking a self portrait is HARD -aka new glasses :)

I got my new glasses today. Yeah! I can see! Other people are safe on the road again! OK, so it really wasn't that bad, but I had an anti-glare thing put on, which is supposed to help keep the headaches away when I spend hours upon hours online, and help me see a bit better at night too. I hate driving at night because my distance perception is BAD.

So, I figured I'd take a self portrait so I could show everyone. I've discovered that it's very hard. Even using a tripod, getting the 12 year old to stand in your place so that you can get the exposure and focus right (and wearing your glasses with his eyes closed so you get figure out which angle is best for no glare), and a self timer. And then resorting to getting the kid to press the button for you because the focus is still off. I've decided I need a remote. Not that I take pictures of myself very often, but it sure would make the process a heck of a lot easier. And I would like better pictures when I'm showing off things I've made for myself.




So, I bring you my new glasses. They're light - much better then the plastic frames of my childhood. And I hope they make me look a tiny bit younger. Or maybe just not so blah. I've been feeling very blah lately.

Looking at pictures of myself recently has motivated more than anything else to start exercising. I was lifting my chin in this picture to try to get rid of the double one. It didn't work as much as I would have liked, but that's ok. Just means I need to spend more time running. I'll tell you about that later :)











And proof that I really did make Mikhail help me. He'll pretend that he hated every single torturous second of it, but he asked me when we were done if the glasses looked good on him! Besides, it got him out of his chores for about 10 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mikhail will do anything to get out of work....

Popular Posts